The rate of car accidents is rising every day. When such accidents are a result of negligence of anyone else, the victims can most of the times recover financial compensation not only for their injuries, but even for other losses. It can include emotional and physical pain, property damage, lost income, medical expense, and so forth.
Here comes the role of Wauwatosa personal injury team that can help the victims to receive compensation that they are entitled legally. It can especially be quite beneficial since most of the lawyer charge the fees on contingent basis. Read on to know how you can get the most out of your first meeting with your personal injury attorney.
Important documents you should take when meeting your lawyer first time
- Private investigation reports
- Police reports
- Accident reconstruction reports
- Reports by any other law enforcement firms
Photos, videos, or audios
- Scene condition photos
- Images of the people present
- Property damage photos
- Photos of injuries
- Specialist’s reports
- Initial doctor’s examination
- Second opinions
- Damaged items
- Clothing worn while the incident happened
Invoices and bills
- Repair invoices
- Medical bills
Other important documents
- Disability or medical insurance policy
- Accident report
- Copies of written statements
- Other policies that can include hospitalization, medical, or veterans insurance
- Receipts of the things you had to buy due to your injury
Questions to ask your lawyer in your first meeting
You definitely want to hire an attorney that is best for you, isn’t it? It is true that every attorney has their own methods of practice and style, but there are indeed some basic and crucial things you need to know before hiring them.
One of the most important things here is to know the experience and knowledge of your potential personal injury lawyer. Apart from having all the documents to show the lawyer, it is even best idea to prepare list of questions to ask them in your first meeting to get to know their working strategy and to know whether they are right for you or not. Some of the most important questions you can ask your injury and accident lawyer can include the following.
- How long have you been in practice?
- Can you tell me how many of the personal injury trials have you handled? How many of them did you win?
- How long it will take for the case to get completed according to you?
- Will you handle my case personally or will it be passed on to support staff or another lawyer in the firm?
- What kinds of issues do you foresee with my case?
- What kinds of experts will you use to prove the case?
- How would you charge for your services? Will it be contingency, hourly, or fixed fees?
It is very much important to hire a reliable and experienced lawyer to handle your case. Just make sure to prepare your best for the first meeting with them to get the most out of it!